CharCoat CL Collars are designed to maintain the fire resistance of fire rated walls and floors where these are breached by continuous plastic pipes, and may be used in gypsum, masonry and concrete walls and floors.
Each Pipe Collar consists of a white coated circular steel shell that splits in two to fit around the service penetrations by means of a simple ’slide-lock’ system.
The steel shell contains a graphite based reactive material which reacts when exposed to heat closing the openings left by the softening plastic pipe in fire.
CharCoat CL offers the following benefits:
- New patented fast expanding graphite material
- For use in pipe sizes from smallest pipes available to Ø350 mm, with a wide range of pipe wall thicknesses
- Collars come in two different heights for different fire classifications to maximize cost efficiency
- Smaller pipes can be fitted within larger collars with the benefit of accommodating pipes that are at an angle or if the opening around the pipe is too large
- Fire classifications of to 240 minutes for both integrity and insulation
- Certified for PVC-U, PVC-C, PE, LDPE, MDPE, HDPE, ABS, SAN+PVC and PP pipes
- Tested and certified for U/U pipe end applications
- Classified for fire sealing in all types of constructions
- Excellent sound insulation
- No emissions – environmentally and user friendly
- Simple to install using widely available standard screws
- Unlimited storage time (under correct conditions)
- 30 years working life guarantee
NOTE: E Approval = Integrity | EI Approval = Insulation
Download to get more information on CharCoat Collar.