CharCoat Elastomeric Sealant (ES) Sealant is designed to prevent the spread of fire, smoke and gases through openings in fire rated walls and floors, specifically linear joints and openings for building service penetrations. CharCoat ES should be applied over suitable backing materials to ensure correct width to depth ratio and to reduce shrinkage of the joint during hardening. In areas with a high degree of humidity and/or in joints with excessive movement, use CharCoat PS Sealant. CharCoat ES is a 4 hour rated intumescent sealant formulated with fillers that provide noise reduction.
CharCoat ES cures when it is subjected to atmospheric conditions, however it will retain a degree of elasticity for joint movement. Under fire exposure, CharCoat ES creates a robust fire seal by the formation of a durable intumescent char.
CharCoat ES has undergone tests to BS476: Part 20:1987 and BSEN1366-3 with additional guidelines from BSEN1366-4 for fire protection joints and testing in accordance with BS EN ISO 140-3:1995 for acoustic performance.
CharCoat ES offers the following benefits:
- Fire rated in both horizontal & vertical joints
- No priming required for most construction substrates
- Joint movement capability of 7.5%
- For use in joints up to 50 mm wide
- Excellent slump resistance
- 18 months shelf life
- Fast cure – tack free within an hour
- Easy to apply and tool off
- Halogen free
- Excellent adhesion to most common building substrates
- Reduces sound transmission in joints
NOTE: E Approval = Integrity | EI Approval = Insulation
Download to get more information on CharCoat Elastomeric Sealant.