CharCoat FM Mortar is a dry white powder consisting of inorganic compounds and perlite. When mixed with water, the compounds form a highly thermally insulating 4 hour fire sealing compound to prevent the spread of fire and smoke through openings in fire rated walls and floors, including openings formed around building service penetrations. CharCoat FM will also maintain the acoustic design performance in walls and floors.
CharCoat FM expands approx. 1% by hydraulic action during curing ensuring a very tight seal around the service penetrations and the surrounding opening apertures. CharCoat FM is easy to sand or drill. The compound dries to an off-white colour which may be painted.
CharCoat FM will also maintain the acoustic design performance in walls and floors. CharCoat FM has great strength and adhesion properties with un-paralleled impact testing and the ability to withstand loads of up to 15kN concentrated load and 500Nm serviceability
CharCoat FM Mortar offers the following benefits:
- Up to 4 hours Fire Rating (EI1240 | E240)
- Classified in walls and floors of concrete, brick, gypsum etc.
- Suitable for cables, bundled cables, cable racks, cable trays, steel, copper, alupex, plastic pipes and air ventilation ducts
- Simple to apply leaving a very smooth finish
- High degree of mechanical resistance; the seal is load bearing without reinforcement
- No priming necessary prior to application in most building material substrates however metal services in contact with the
seal must be corrosion protected
- Suitable for most surfaces, included concrete, bricks, Leca, steel, plastic etc, but not suitable to fitting of doors or in service openings that involve movement
- The product is certified for use in walls and floors
- Fully set within 1 hour
- The fire performance specification of the compound has been derived when the seal has been left to cure for 1 month
- Nearly unlimited storage time
NOTE: E Approval = Integrity | EI Approval = Insulation